Sunday, November 11, 2012

I talk in this language, dead people talk in dead languages

Today I am upset because whatever culture infiltrated my family history has been blown away. It's not something I can repair because customs and stories are shared and evolve. It's not something I can repair because I feel disentangled from my family. We got scattered geographically and psychologically by circumstance and choice.

I'm also angry and embarrassed of my English heritage because of the way England assaulted this country. Conquest happens everywhere, and everywhere there is heartache for homeland. White history sleeps in carved stone objects that memorialise dead troops in foreign countries while this countries history sleeps in unmarked river stones, worn away by water and the blood of massacres. 

No comments:

Post a Comment