Friday, July 13, 2012

paths blah blah blah

There are painful roads to travel marked by responsibility and expectations, hard work, musty traditions.
I'm cautious not to quote Frost as for me that that poem is too romantic but I must admit these sentiments do smack of the jaundiced trees.

I would like to talk in simple terms. Some of the people I know who haven't gone the common route (career and family) are tormented by their perceived errors.
Occasionally these people are proud and happy: find those people and befriend them if you feel any tingle of revolt towards convention.

Find a person who is the paragon of the virtues you want to assume.
And if you exceed them in possessing some value you find important then exceed them only in that. Hubris blinds. 


Above all you need to be comfortable in your self. Once others see that you accept you, it's hard for them to reject you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment