Saturday, April 6, 2013

Dissolving

Even if it is just a psychosomatic result of sitting so still for so long that nerve endings fall asleep, the sensation of your body dissolving when meditating is euphoric and beautiful - and why not spend time beautifully?

Afterwards I asked myself what is that experience? And a zen sort of answer arose: inside, I am everything and nothing. It's that dissolving of a feverish mind and the apparent dissolving of a physical body which reveals that beyond both those things, a person can still exist... silent and at large, after having escaped those limits.

How can something be everything and nothing? If I am part of everything there is nothing to separate me. I am no thing if I am inside and inseparable from every thing. The social implications of this paradigm are greater empathy, greater generosity, less fear.

Physics knows we are recycled bits of stars! We're made from other things, our bodies decompose and become other things, so in a comfortingly concrete way we truly are part of everything, our bodies were spangling out in all kinds of directions, whizzing and burring and blooming into galaxies since the time that we call the start of time. And our bodies will go on, invisibly rolling and turning and shifting through  leagues of physical matter over millenia, I imagine a bit like a rat running under a doona cover: rippling along, disguised under the surface.

I know I have written about this many times, important things should be reiterated.

unzip your body                                     unzip your mind                             what's left behind?   

No comments:

Post a Comment