Friday, March 2, 2012

Flying

It is so important to let yourself be. Don't get too involved in yourself.
Don't get all up in your own business, demanding the impossible from yourself.
Don't always put yourself down; realise that you always put yourself down.

Those ideas are costumes we weave to please other people. We spend vast amounts of time sewing together different garments: church vestments for when we want to appear professional and sober, lingerie for when we want to attract other people. It's all a well-staged act for other people.

I am in the process of sewing a parachute for my mind, so that I can survey my life with a mental construct that will help me to fly instead of plummet when my life is throwing me overboard. Because those situations are about me, not pleasing other people.
Consider it like this: what good is a pair of knickers when you're falling from an aeroplane?

No comments:

Post a Comment